Workshop presenters receive complimentary registration for the conference + online conference video/audio archive. Please register yourself using the custom link emailed to your previously to ensure we have the correct spelling of your name and organization on your badge.
- Access to the Conference Archive will automatically be sent to you post-conference.
- If you registered already at a higher rate or you need the discount code, please contact us.
- All accepted Presenters are expected to present in Austin, Texas in March 2019.
HOUSING + TRAVEL
All available housing options are listed here.
We recommend arrival on Sunday PM and departure Wednesday early PM to partake in the core conference.
- Please review the program schedule when planning your travel dates.
- If you are considering attending the Thursday UX Event Making and Maintaining Successful Design Systems with Brad Frost, your departure date will vary ~1 day.
PLANNING YOUR PRESENTATION
- Your session was accepted for the 3-hour presentation and we will coordinate shared break times amongst the courses to allow for a breather for your hardworking workshop attendees.
- A Session Monitor will be present to assist with timekeeping and questions from the remote viewing audience.
- If you have any supplies that you know you will need for your course or requests for your attendees, please let us know as early as possible.
- All sessions will be recorded. Some sessions will stream live and others will be recorded as ‘Voice-Over-PowerPoint’ recordings available shortly after presentation.
- All presenters should include their name, affiliation and a photo on the opening slide of your presentation.
- All professional presentations should credit sources for graphics, photos and cited statistics if not original.
- The preferred aspect ratio for your slides is 16:9.
- Details regarding submission of slides will be posted closer to the conference dates.
- Optional Logo – If you’d like to include an D4D logo on any or all of your slides you can access this file.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR SESSION ROOM
Each presentation room will be equipped with
- PC laptop – The laptop available will be a PC. If you are using a program that is only accessible on a Mac, please make your file into a PDF before uploading.
- Water at the lectern/ presentation table.
- Access to power
- Reliable Wifi
- Your presentation on the desktop if you have submitted it prior to the conference
Accessibility / Accessible Staging or other needs? Every submitter was asked to indicate whether any accommodations were needed, but we’re still here. So, remember that NO time is a bad time (up to the point of presentation) that we cannot assist you in having a comfortable and safe experience. Please contact us onsite at the Registration desk or at email@example.com.
SPEAKER READY ROOM/ PRACTICE, CHATTING & MEETING SPACE OPTIONS FOR PRESENTERS
Presenters can meet and practice in the green room. Work out your nerves or just work on… work, in a room for you with access to power, dry erase boards and lectern to practice your presentation.
The in-room equipment is available to test your presentation. Visit during a break or breakfast in the actual presentation room you are assigned.
SESSION SHARING / PROMOTION
We want you to promote your session on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Many attendees are very active on social media and will be excited to see some familiar faces talking about the #d4d19 conference! (We will retweet/ share liberally.)
Some options include:
- Visit our program website and use the Twitter and Facebook links to share your session information to your followers.
- There is a short link in your Sched record and you can copy that for your use if you do not want to use the Sched built in feature.
- Add your presentation to your LinkedIn profile or plug your session on LinkedIn on the ER&L Group if you feel so inclined.
- We will have a running stream of tweets in the conference center if you just like to follow during breaks.
- If social media is not your thing, that’s just fine, too. 🙂 Just enjoy yourself!
CODE OF CONDUCT
D4D’s Code of Conduct applies to presenters and attendees.
ARE WE CONNECTED?
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @Design4Lib.
We’re using #d4d19 throughout the conference and we retweet liberally. A lot of activity takes place on social media throughout ER&L and we hope you chime in using #d4d19.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.