We can support remote presenters. To ensure that the presentation is able to be heard by the audience in Austin as well as the Online Conference viewing audience, there are a few things that will need to happen:
BEFORE THE CONFERENCE:
- Let us know you have a remote presenter by completing this form so we can prepare as soon as possible.
- Set up a pre-arranged online meeting link (such as GoToMeeting or similar service) that your co-presenters will access during your presentation.
- Coordinate with all co-presenters on the timing of the remote presenters portion and determine if the remote presenter will participate in the Q&A in the session. One way to ensure inclusion is to allow the remote presenter a dedicated amount of time to speak and any panel question in advance.
DURING THE CONFERENCE:
- If there are co-presenters in the session: the presenters in Austin should arrive to the presentation room at least 10 minutes early to log into the pre-arranged online meeting link and ensure it is running smoothly before the session officially starts.
- If the remote presenter is the only presenter: A room monitor will be assigned to staff the room during the presentation. The session monitor will log into the link 10 minutes before the beginning of the session to ensure it is running smoothly before the session officially starts.
- The pre-arranged online meeting link will need to be accessed on the computer that is showing the presentation in Austin to ensure that the audio is captured for the live and online audiences. This would ideally be the laptop that is already in the presentation room, but if your in-person presenters will be using their own laptop, it must be connected to the recording cables.
- If the remote presenter needs to control slides, that can happen, but its best to have the presenters in Austin run the show to avoid baton passes between presenters.
CONTACT / SUPPORT ON-SITE
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Need Assistance On-site in Austin? Danielle Sell and Sandy Tijerina are your contacts should you need anything. Feel free to ask for us at Registration.