Thursday, March 7th | 9:00am-4:30pm | AT&T Conference Center | Austin, Texas
MAKING AND MAINTAINING SUCCESSFUL DESIGN SYSTEMS
Presented by Brad Frost
Design systems and provide solid ground for us to stand on as we tackle the increasingly diverse and fast-moving digital landscape. This full-day session will tackle everything that goes into making and maintaining successful interface design systems, including:
- Selling Design Systems – We all know design systems and pattern libraries are great, but how do you get your clients, bosses, and teammates on board? We’ll make the business cases for design systems, and discuss tactics and tools for selling design systems to clients and stakeholders.
- A Pattern-Based Process – Making modular interfaces requires massive shifts in our design and development process. We’ll discuss why front-end development is an essential part of the design process and demonstrate how tools like lo-fi sketches, style tiles, element collages, Pattern Lab, and others facilitate collaboration—and result in successful design systems.
- Atomic Design Principles – We’ll cover core principles of modular UI interface design and introduce the atomic design methodology that helps connect your design system design/dev work to your actual product design/dev work.
- Anatomy of Effective Style Guides – A style guide is the happy home for all a design system’s ingredients. A robust and well-presented style guide can help a design system truly take root at your organization.
- Design System Maintenance – Like a fine wine, a design system should increase in value over time. We’ll discuss tactics and techniques like team structure, governance models, communication strategies, and more to ensure design system provides lasting value to your organization.
By the end of the day, you’ll be armed with all the insights and resources you need to create and maintain a successful UI design system.
|Brad Frost is a web designer, speaker, trainer, consultant, writer, and musician located in Pittsburgh, PA. He recently published Atomic Design, a book that introduces a methodology for thinking of our UIs as thoughtful hierarchies, discusses the qualities of effective pattern libraries, and showcases techniques to transform team’s design and development workflow.
“I educate organizations about design systems, atomic design, responsive design, strategy, and more. I love helping teams understand the concepts, techniques, and tools used to create successful design systems and establish more collaborative work flows.”
From Fortune 500 companies to startups, Brad has had the pleasure of conducting workshops with:
Registering 3+ individuals from your organization?
Contact us for a GROUP discount code to receive $200 off each ticket when purchasing at least 3 tickets from the same organization.
Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be included
All information sourced and images courtesy of bradfrost.com.