Code of Conduct
Designing for Digital seeks a variety of opinions, voices and perspectives at our conference. We encourage participation from people of all races, ethnicity, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientation. We strive to create an inclusive and respectful conference experience, inviting diverse perspectives and opinions.
We do not tolerate harassment of participants, speakers or volunteers in any form. We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof).
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
We’re listening: If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns regarding the conduct of our team, speakers, or attendees, please contact Bonnie Tijerina at email@example.com. All reports will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Should I report it? If you answer “yes” to any of the following, please let us know.
- Do you feel unsafe or fear that someone else does?
- Do you have prior conduct-violating experience with members of our community that deters your participation in our event?
- Are you concerned about the appropriateness of language being used, views being expressed or the materials being shared at any of our events or via our social media channels?
- Did you witness something that you are not sure is appropriate based on our code of conduct?
What happens if I report something?
- First, we will listen.
- Then, we will help you to determine the options that we have based on the situation. We will also document the details to assure trends of behavior are uncovered.
- Lastly, we will follow the situation to a resolution where you feel safe and you can remain anonymous if you wish to be.