Designing for Digital is meant to bring together UX professionals, web designers, managers, researchers, strategists and librarians of all types to examine the current user’s experience of the library and design the future of libraries in the modern, digital world.
Commitment to Accessibility and Inclusivity
D4D is committed to creating an inclusive and comfortable conference experience for all attendees. Here are the features we have in place to ensure that the D4D conference is safe and accessible to all:
- The entire program is available to be viewed online via the Virtual Event.
- Instructions are posted for presenters on how to make their slides accessible to all attendees.
- We will be closed captioning all of the sessions available via the 2022 Virtual Event.
Commitment to Sustainability
D4D committed to sustainability in the community and environment. Here are the features we have in place:
- Whenever possible, materials are provided digitally rather than printed. If printed materials are required, they are abbreviated versions with expanded information available digitally.
- As many items as possible are curated and printed locally and/ or with small local businesses.
- All disposable printed materials, including program books and poster boards, are recycled.
Proper Attribution and Citation
All presenters are required to include proper citations and attributions on all images, graphics, and research that is not original. This maintains integrity in the presentation and enables attendees to reference primary sources.